The Things You Should Know Before Dating A Perfectionist
I didn’t choose the perfectionist lifestyle, it chose me. While I do get great satisfaction from organizing drawers, cleaning the house, and finding that earring backing I dropped 20 minutes ago, I truly can’t help myself. As Lady Gaga put it, I was born this way.
I try my hardest to make everything in my life as neat and tidy as possible. Organization is a must if you want to want to try and date me. While this consideration is a given, here are 15 other things to think about before trying to swoon over a perfectionist.
1. I will ask you where you are taking me on a date.
And I will expect an exact response.
2. We don’t like our plans to change last minute.
If we made plans I have already thought about what I’m going to wear, how I’ll style my hair, and blocked that time frame from all other offers.
3. I’m not opposed to date nights in.
After all, Netflix and popcorn fit into the weekly budget I allot myself.
4. I will ask you what time you will pick me up.
I will expect you to arrive right at the specified time. Bonus points if you are ten minutes early.
5. I’ll make the bed neatly every morning.
If you sleep in, please take the initiative and at least attempt to place every last decorative pillow in its designated position.
6. I will always appear to have my life in order.
Be sure to frequently ask how I am really feeling. You may find my life might not be as simple as it seems on the surface.
7. If I’m having a bad day, comfort me from a safe distance.
I don’t mean to be snappy, I’m just an independent person and things aren’t going my way.
8. Expect to receive flawless gifts.
I will often DIY my own or personalize them whenever possible.
9. Don’t worry about meeting my parents and vice versa.
I am skilled at introductions and making sure people are comfortable. Plus, I already have the answers to every question a parent might throw our way.
10. I will take selfies with you.
Then I will ask other people to take pictures of the two of us. Finally, I will ask different people to retake pictures of us. You will end up with hundreds of solid pictures.
11. I’ll ask you a million times if my outfit/hair/makeup, etc. looks okay.
Just keep smiling and saying yes. Eventually I will stop.
12. Don’t feel pressured to be perfect.
I like you exactly as you are. Choosing you took extensive deliberation.
13. If I’ve stuck by your side for any period of time, I’ve already planned out our future.
No, really. Two kids, a dog named Simon, and a house with a burgundy fence (because white is too cliché).
14. I want to please you, too.
Don’t be afraid to tell me your needs and wants, I can still be accommodating.
15. Our relationship will not be perfect.
But it will be durable and filled with meticulous affection.
Search terms: introverted dating ideasbored of relationshipfun in relationships,